MovieMaker Production Services is a service of MovieMaker Magazine which provides a bountiful budget boost to low to mid-budget independent films. MovieMaker Magazine has been quietly helping produce select projects via this method for two decades.
The MMPS program doubles a producer’s spending power for each dollar invested. We know of no other program in the world that can or will promise this.
MovieMaker is expanding its capabilities to help produce projects and is seeking new producers to partner with—producers in active development or pre-production who meet select criteria. If you qualify, you may be able to stretch your budget farther than you ever thought it could go.
MovieMaker partners with producers via an in-kind investment of up to $250,000 per project.
Applications should include Director and/or Producer Bio, Synopsis, Script, Budget, Production Plan and Project Sizzle Reel (if available). Please see the submission form below.
Awards and prizes:
- Up to $250,000 in Production Services.
- $2,000 Production Grant awarded every 6 months.
Criteria for participation in the MovieMaker Production Services program:
- Budget range should ideally be between $100,000 and $1 million. We will work with smaller or larger budgets, but this is the range at which our services can make the most impact on the quality and completion of a film.
- The project should start principal photography within the next 36 months and the producers must demonstrate that they have at least $25,000 in cash currently in hand for documentary or narrative features, or $10,000 for a short film.
- Production or post-production should be located in the United States.
- For participating productions in MovieMaker Production Services, MovieMaker Magazine will offer a deeply discounted custom promotional package. A promotional package may include crowdfunding support, online or print editorial, access to MovieMaker’s mailing list, and access to MovieMaker Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers.
- For select films, MovieMaker may also offer worldwide distribution through Cinema Libre Studio Applications.
- MovieMaker Media LLC retains no rights and exerts no influence on films in the program.
MMPS staff will review each application and greenlight those best suited to the program.