91. Someone looks out their window to see a clown standing at a corner holding a balloon—staring them.
92. Mannequins in a department store seem to be moving on their own.
93. What if the God people worshiped was really Satan—and Satan had somehow kept God prisoner?
94. A man dies and wakes up in the body of a serial killer—and no matter how hard he tries to stop killing, he can’t.
95. A prisoner awakens to find the prison empty—but he’s locked in his cell.
96. A woman jogging stumbles upon a dead, bloody body—she then hears a strange clicking sound and looks up to see a dark figure running towards her.
97. A girl hears laughter downstairs—she’s the only one home.
98. An Uber driver picks up the wrong person—and may not live to tell the tale.
99. There’s someone or something living and moving up in the attic—but it’s not a ghost.
100. A child’s imaginary friend is not imaginary.
101. The reflections that we see of ourselves in the mirror are actually us in a parallel universe—and they are planning to do whatever it takes to take our place in this world.
Share this with your writing peers or anyone that loves a good scary story. MM
This post originally appeared on the blog ScreenCraft. ScreenCraft is dedicated to helping screenwriters and filmmakers succeed through educational events, screenwriting competitions and the annual ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship program, connecting screenwriters with agents, managers and Hollywood producers. Follow ScreenCraft on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.