In a time where many film festivals are migrating online and other curated screening experiences are popping up almost daily, here are a few others to keep in mind that may not qualify as a subscription-based streaming service per se, but are still worth your attention:
- Showcasing short films through April 30 from some true masters including Jodie Mack, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Ben Rivers, and Carlos Reygadas.
- The industry’s favorite video-hosting platform has the SXSW TV pilots on one easy to navigate page.
- Kentucker Audley’s premiere short film platform recently put together “Going It Alone: A Quarantine Playlist.”
- Powered by distributor Kino Lorber’s streaming service, Kino Now, Kino Marquee is actively assisting independent theaters by hosting new releases for them virtually.
- The always stellar TCM Classic Film Festival is running now through April 19 on the network’s TV channel.
- Lincoln Center’s Virtual Cinema includes some of the best films from last year’s festival circuit.
What streaming services do you use and would recommend? Let us know in the comments!
Featured image by Victor Bizar Gómez