MovieMaker Production Services
MovieMaker Production Services is a service of MovieMaker Magazine designed to extend the capabilities of low to mid-budget independent films. MovieMaker Magazine has been quietly helping produce select projects via this method for two decades.
MovieMaker is expanding its capabilities to help produce projects and is seeking new producers to partner with. Producers in active development or pre-production who meet select criteria. If you qualify, you may be able to stretch your budget farther than you ever thought it could go.
MovieMaker partners with producers via an in-kind investment of up to $250,000 per project. Applications should include Director and/or Producer Bio, Synopsis, Script, Budget, Production Plan and Project Sizzle Reel (if available). Please see the submission form below.
Awards & Prizes:
- Up to $250,000 in Production Services.
- $2,000 Production Grant Awarded every 6 months.
Criteria for Participation in MovieMaker Production Services program:
- Budget Range. Between $100,000 and $1 million. We will work with smaller or larger budgets, but this is the range at which our services can make the most impact on the quality and completion of a film.
- Principal Photography. The project should start principal photography within the next 48 months and the producers must demonstrate that they have at least $25,000 in cash (or 10 percent of budget, whichever is less) currently in hand.
- Production. Production or post-production should be located in the United States.
- For participating productions in MovieMaker Production Services, MovieMaker Magazine will offer a deeply discounted custom promotional package. A promotional package may include crowdfunding support, online or print editorial, access to MovieMaker’s mailing list, and access to MovieMaker Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers.
- For select films, MovieMaker may also offer worldwide distribution through Cinema Libre Studio Applications.
MMPS staff will review each application and greenlight those best suited to the program.